the end of month 3

Its been over a month since my last blog post to you, Jameson. I need to get better at this job! You have been keeping me on my toes lately and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

You're into watching tv now.. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins and Jake and the Neverland Pirates to be specific.

Mommy and Nana took you to the Modesto Mall with them a few weeks ago and when mommy took you into the Disney store you saw the stuffed animals and your eyes twinkled like your daddy's do when he's excited. I pulled a few down and let you grab which one you liked - you went for Mickey. I put a few other choices out next to Mickey and moved him to the other hand. You always went back to Mickey. Naturally, mommy bought it for you. Its your favorite toy right now.

You are starting to giggle at little things like when you think you're being sly or when you fart.

You still LOVE to nurse which makes ME happy also. Its great bonding time for us. You often stop drinking milk and sit there and smile at me. I talk to you, or sing to you and you stare at me with your bright blue eyes and just smile. It still amazes me that you're mine.

You started solids a few weeks ago. At first we started prunes to help you poop on your own since we were having to do suppositories more often than we should need to. It helped your belly, and you LOVED them. 2 weeks later, mommy bought you pears and you went ape shit over them. You ate entire jars in one sitting, and again, it helped you poop. This week we introduced peas. You're tolerating them, but you're not too fond of it. We'll keep trying with them before we move to the next food.

You smile 90% of your awake time. You're such a happy boy. Mama is lucky to have you.

Of course you're like your mama and showing no interest in rolling or crawling, you're trying to stand and walk already. You've taken assisted steps several times.

You moved up to a size 3 diaper 2 weeks ago. CHUNKAMONKA

About 3 weeks ago you started to sleep through the night - THANK YOU!!!! 10-12 hours every night. I'm grateful for that. SO SO grateful.

You love blankets. When you're "not tired" you take a blanket or mama's shirt and rub your face with it. Thankfully, you don't have a favorite one, you like them all. Mama tends to give you the breathable white blanket with polka dots though.. just incase.

Milestones you've reached:
supported sitter (meaning you're almost there by yourself!)
discovered your toes (and reach for them often!)
face recognition (you smile at the people you know.. and flirt with those you don't!)
mimic sounds spoken to you
grabbing things in your arms reach and pulling them to you
interacting with people

Later this afternoon you have you 4 MONTH check up and I will post your stats afterwards. I'm sad that my sweet happy baby is getting shots today. Part of me wants to be on board with not vaccinating, but part of me is scared to see something happen because i didn't vaccinate you. So for now, you're getting them still.

Since I spat out a bunch of wordvomit just now, head over to his shutterfly site to see recent pictures: http://jamesondanielhenshaw.shutterfly.com

I love you, sweet boy. Can't wait to watch you grow up.. but take it slow okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment