Labor Story: Part 1
No little man... yet! For sure close though (I'm only 36 weeks)
I have been having non-stop contractions since 2:15pm on Saturday, April 7th. So far, we are 32 hours in. They are every 2-5 min and have been since the start.
I went in yesterday and they checked me - I was at 2cm, 25% effaced, -3 station . They came back 2 hours later and I had only made it to a 2.5 with the same effacement and station so they sent me home where I got 3 hours of sleep total for the night.
Today I woke up and was in excrusiating pain again so I cleaned up the house and myself and went to my parents house and walked a few laps around the block with my mom while I labored at home. Finally I caved and went in the hospital to discover I was a 3.5, 60% effaced and -3 station. It was promising!! They told me to go walk around for a few hours and get lunch and come back (this was at noon) by 3pm to get checked agian. I hadn't changed in dilation when I got back, nor did my effacement change so they gave me a shot of morphine and a shot of anti-nausea meds and sent me home to labor some more.
I slept at my parents house on the couch for a few hours and have been sitting on my birthing ball all day (when not in hospital) and am hoping it helps a bit. I got home after dinner and cleaned up a bit (showered, dried n straightened my hair) and am sitting on my birthing ball rocking around and bouncing to get some comfort/relief.
The doctor said she expects this little man out before Thursday so fingers crossed I'm not in too much long but I also understand he needs to cook a little longer for his safety and health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment