On Friday, April 27th, 2012, I was admitted at 7pm for induction due to high BP.
Once I was settled in room, they hooked up to monitors around 8pm. When they checked for dilation, I was still at 4cm, 70% and -2 stationed - this has been the same since the 10th.
I was contracting on my own, so they waited until 10 pm to start the Pitocin. At 1:45am I got checked again as part of routine and changed to 5.5-6cm, 80% and -2.
The pain was bothering me enough to where I couldn't sleep at this point so I asked for something light (non-epidural) to get some rest. Fentenal was started at 2:15a - oh so happy now!
3:40am rolls around and I'm 6, 100% -2. They have moved me into a throne position to try and drop him lower which is super awkward to sit in. The bed is folded into a chair where the bottom drops to the floor and the top all the way upright. I get another dose of fentenal to help me sleep.
8:30 am Epidural and catheter are placed and making me a really happy girl. I was at 8cm, 100% and -2 at this time.
The dr came in and broke my water at 9:45 am and was ready to push by 1:15pm.
I was in full blown active labor from 8p (4/27) to 4:20p (4/28). 20 hours and 20 minutes of labor! Ick.
After 3 hours of pushing, we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Jameson Daniel Henshaw on 4/28/12 at 4:20pm. 19.5 inches. 7lb3oz.


No comments:
Post a Comment