10. Friend Requests on Facebook from people I don't usually talk to. Quit trying to add me just because I'm pregnant. We won't have a magical bond that suddenly occurs because I am growing an adorable child in my uterus.
09. None of my shirts fit. Okay, so I have a handful of things that fit. I'm not big enough to necessarily shop in the maternity section yet, but I'm a little bit too…. bumpy…. to shop in the normal clothes section. I am freezing all the time, and my sweatshirts are a big snug now. Husband only has a couple sweatshirts and I keep stealing his because they're comfy. Tough luck, darling, tough luck!
08. I have two pairs of pants that fit.. they are both skinny jeans and I can't wear cute flats because its been raining. I need new boots. I did buy a pair of maternity pants. I should take those to get hemmed soon. They fit like a glove other than the length.
07. Bodily functions that aren't so functional. I won't go into details on that one. I'll let your imagination explore a bit.
06. There isn't any food or drinks that sound good. I need to eat. I can't starve myself because then I am also starving my baby. I'm also a little too cautious at how many calories I'm consuming since I have a wedding to be in three months after giving birth. I need my body to bounce back quickly. Who am I kidding? I don't think its gonna happen. Sorry, Shaina.
05. Researching is overwhelming. I want to read up on different things like parts of a birth plan (not that doctors always follow them, but I would like to have certain things like drugged only when medically necessary) and finding information thats credible is more difficult then I thought. There is a lot of researching and planning when it comes to babies. I've been around a lot of babies and I'm a nanny and have been working with kids my whole life, but its my own kid where I have to make choices like vaccinations, what kinds of foods they can have, what kind of diapers they will have ect.
04. Growing boobs. I mean, don't get me wrong, a boob job for FREE is nice, but they hurt all day every day and they have gone from a smaller B to a smaller D and I'm only 9w5d. OUCH! Its only going to get bigger. Especially when my milk comes in.
03. Smells. People smell, food smells, stores smell. Everything smells and my nose is not happy about it. Its rather irritating.
02. Not knowing the gender. I want to SHOP, damn it. PS. We won't be sharing the name with anyone but the grandparents before the baby is born, so you'll get an initial when I find out the gender.
01. Zero Energy. I wish I had energy to do something. Staying up to watch my shows that start at 8pm don't even happen anymore. I can't function past 6:30. I know I should be taking advantage of all the sleep I get right now, but I would much rather get things done like pending time with my husband, & seeing friends while I still can.
…lets just throw a bonus in there
00. People giving unsolicited advice. I understand all the hard work babies bring on. I know that sleep probably won't happen for the rest of my life. I understand the cost of raising a child. I know formula is easier than breastfeeding and that breastfeeding is hard work, but I will be doing everything in my power to breastfeed. So unless I ask you about something please just shut your mouth. I have zero patience for people lately. Probably going back to that zero energy thing I just talked about.
I totally agree with number 5. Even not being pregnant researching my preferences for parenting later are exhausting and I give up and say I'll research when I get pregnant. I'm sure it's a pain in the arse either way.
ReplyDelete:))