Dear Sweet Baby,
This is your story:
From Sept 2008 - Dec 2009 we tried to get pregnant without medical intervention, and from Jan 2010 - Jan 2011 we tried to get pregnant with an infertility specialist, Dr. Grossinsky of Kaiser. After a total of four miscarriages, we chose to move on and focus on adoption like we talked about when we first had the “kids talk.” Just 15 days before our home study, we discover we are pregnant with you.
On September 1st, I came home from work as a nanny with a two-pack box of First Response Early Response (FRER) Pregnancy Tests. I told your daddy that I was going to pee on them because I was late, and anxious to know if I was just late due to stress or due to pregnancy. He was cooking dinner in the kitchen when I peed on the first test and I yelled for him to come. It hadn’t even finished developing yet and the “pregnant” line was already DARK! … say whattt? We called my parents and told them the crazy news. I couldn’t contain myself and I told Kiely and a couple hours later we were at applebees telling Kelly and I had to pee again (and I had the other test one me) so we went to the bathroom and saw the same results. I AM PREGNAT!
First thing in the morning on September 2nd, I went to the Kaiser Pleasanton Laboratory and requested a urine test (mind you, this is 6:30 am!) on my way to work. I waited around all day anxious for the results. That test said negative. I called my doctor and asked for a blood test to be ordered because I KNEW that I was pregnant. She ordered it per my request and to her surprise I was pregnant. My beta HCG results came in at 189 (the highest I have ever gotten before!) and my progesterone at 15.0 (sort of low, but not TOO alarming). The doctor put me on suppositories and injections.
The suppositories are three times a day; morning, noon and night. The injections are once a day; 1ML of Progesterone in oil (PIO) injected into my thigh muscles …. Daily. Good thing I like needles, kid, because it hurts! Auntie Shaina came and gave mommy her first shot and taught me how to do it right.
September 4th comes along and I get my beta re-drawn at the lab in the emergency room of Kaiser Walnut Creek. Since it was Labor Day weekend, the order was rushed and my HCG results came in two hours after draw and my progesterone came in 6 hours after draw. Beta HCG was at 440, and progesterone at 40.7. Both of those increased more than they needed to. This has NEVER happened to me. You’re my first “sticky” baby. I’m so glad.
September 5th – September 9th have been full of symptoms and anxious feelings. Morning sickness (all day nausea and vomiting), constantly having to pee, no amount of sleep is enough and I’m always hungry and thirsty.
I hope you know baby, that I love you so much. Daddy and I are so excited to bring you into this world and have you forever.
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
Ps. I can’t wait to see you in the ultrasound appointment next Thursday morning :]
No comments:
Post a Comment