September 29, 2011

Dear Baby,

I am 8 weeks pregnant today. I have never carried a pregnancy this far, and it scares me, but it mostly excites me. I am so in love with you already and we haven't technically met yet. Words can't describe the new love I will feel when I see your little face in person, and I'm sorry, but I will be a cry baby along with you when you come into this world.

Milestones for week 8: You are one whole inch tall and have some very distinct human features. For starters, your little tail (really just the spinal cord) has disappeared completely.You no longer look like a sea creature! Your toes and fingers are prominent with very little, if any, webbing. Upper and lower limbs all show recognizable joints (elbows and knees) and the lower limb bones are starting to ossify. Your tiny little head is disproportionately larger than the rest of your body and makes up almost half of your height and weight! (You get that from dad. HA!)

Pregnancy Symptoms from last week: Morning sickness… lots of morning sickness. Frequently getting up to pee all night. Sore boobs that your dad is constantly staring at, sorry pal.. its not happening!

Current Cravings: Mexican food. I always want some kind of Mexican food. In fact, its not even 10 am yet, and I'm thinking about getting some Baja Fresh for dinner.

Well, little one, I can't wait to see your picture on the ultrasound tomorrow. Hopefully the doctor will try the doppler out so maybe we can hear your heartbeat.

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment